Monday, September 7, 2009

Inspired By Trader Joes


Ahi Tuna. Gorgonzola. This happens to me at other grocery stores too, but Trader Joes just has a power over me. I usually have a list, but it never matters here. There's just too many delicious things that as soon as I step foot through the door, Dave Ramsey and my budget go out the window. Most of the time I leave with about a bag full of extra items that have nothing to do with each other but are all wonderful in and of themselves. That's what happened on one fateful day last week, so I decided to cook. I asked Ashley over for her lunch break and we ate in a rushed frenzy while throwing cheerios at Daniel and replenishing Riley's mac&cheese.
Again, these aren't recipes, just methods.

For the tuna, I marinated it for a half hour in "Yoshida's Sauce" (you can get it at Costco and it's good on anything), some soy sauce, and sesame oil. Just sear it in a pan till it's done to your liking. It's best pink in the middle! Oh Yeah! Yum! I can practically taste it!

With the Gorgonzola cheese I made a salad with baby spinach, toasted walnuts, pears, and the cheese. I used the "goddess" dressing from TJ's but it would probably be good with any kind of mild vinaigrette.

This goes out to you, Trader Joe, whoever you are.

4 comments:

  1. This is how I do it: I have the same love affair just with the TJ's Frequent Flyer. So I go through it and then put those wonderful things on my LIST before even going in the store. The same outcome but without the guilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a smart girl! I will try that next time:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. You NEED to try the fire roasted veggies in a balsamic butter sauce-in the freezer section.

    ReplyDelete